WARNINGS FOR REDUCERS
Please Read Carefully
The following WARNING and CAUTION information is supplied to you for your protection and to provide you with many years of trouble free and safe operation of your Electra-Gear product.
Read ALL instructions prior to operating reducer. Injury to personnel or reducer failure may be caused by improper installation, maintenance or operation.
- Written authorization from Electra-Gear is required to operate or use reducers in man lift or people moving devices.
- Check to make certain application does not exceed the allowable load capacities published in the current catalog.
- Buyer shall be solely responsible for determining the adequacy of the product for any and all uses to which Buyer shall apply the product. The application by Buyer shall not be subject to any implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose.
- For safety, Buyer or User should provide protective guards over all shaft extensions and any moving apparatus mounted thereon. The User is responsible for checking all applicable safety codes in his area and providing suitable guards. Failure to do so may result in bodily injury and/or damage to equipment.
- Hot oil and reducers can cause severe burns. Use extreme care when removing lubrication plugs and vents.
- Make certain that the power supply is disconnected before attempting to service or remove any components. Lock out the power supply and tag it to prevent unexpected application of power.
- Reducers are not to be considered fail safe or self-locking devices. If these features are required, a properly sized, independent holding device should be utilized. Reducers should not be used as a brake.
- Any brakes that are used in conjunction with a reducer must be sized or positioned in such a way so as to not subject the reducer to loads beyond the catalog rating.
- Lifting supports including eyebolts are to be used for vertically lifting the gearbox only and no other associated attachments or motors.
- Use of an oil with an EP additive on units with backstops may prevent proper operation of the backstop. Injury to personnel, damage to the reducer or other equipment may result.
- Overhung loads subject shaft bearings and shafts to stress which may cause premature bearing failure and or shaft breakage from bending fatigue, if not sized properly.
- Test run unit to verify operation. If the unit tested is a prototype, that unit must be of current production.
- If the speed reducer cannot be located in a clear and dry area with access to adequate cooling air supply, then precautions must be taken to avoid the ingestion of contaminants such as water and the reduction in cooling ability due to exterior contaminants.
- Mounting bolts should be routinely checked to ensure that the unit is firmly anchored for proper operation.
In the event of the resale of any of the goods, in whatever form, Resellers/Buyers will include the following language in a conspicuous place and in a conspicuous manner in a written agreement covering such sale:
The manufacturer makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, by operation of law or otherwise, as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the goods sold hereunder. Buyer acknowledges that it alone has determined that the goods purchased hereunder will suitably meet the requirements of their intended use. In no event will the manufacturer be liable for consequential, incidental or other damages.
Reseller/Buyers agree to also include this entire document including the warnings above in a conspicuous place and in a conspicuous manner in writing to instruct users on the safe usage of the product.
This information should be read together with all other printed information supplied by Electra-Gear.Com.